Video consultations with qualified vets as standard
Co-op Pet Insurance have teamed up with FirstVet to offer customers unlimited access to video consultations with experienced vets
Unlimited 24/7 vet video consultations included with your policy.
No excess to pay
No excess to pay for using the video vet service and it doesn't count as a claim.
Get advice, a treatment plan or a referral to your local vet, if required.
Why use a video vet?
- On average, 65% of cases are solved over our calls, and don't need to go to the vet
- Sometimes you are unsure if a vet clinic visit is necessary
- Quick access - with an average wait time of less than 30 minutes
- It’s less stressful for your pet than visiting a physical vet
- Only see a physical vet or specialist if you actually need it
- You don't have to pay an excess to use and it doesn't count as a claim.
What can FirstVet help with?
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Eye and ear problems
- Coughing and sneezing
- Itching and skin problems
- Minor injuries and accidents.
If your pet is seriously injured or in need of immediate medical assistance, you should take them straight to your local practice.
How to use FirstVet
- Register for FirstVet and then download the app
- When you need to see a vet, open the app, select an appointment time and describe your pet’s symptoms
- When it is time for your appointment, reopen the app and enter the waiting room
- The vet will appear on video and conduct your consultation.
Pet insurance is offered through Co‑op Insurance Services and administered by Insurance Factory Limited.
Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.
Co-op Insurance policies are administered by Insurance Factory Limited. Insurance Factory Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register number 306164, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02982445 with registered office: 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, TN13 2QB. Insurance Factory Limited is part of the Markerstudy Group of companies. Co-op Insurance and the Co-op logo are registered trademarks of Co-operative Group Limited or its affiliates and are used under licence by Insurance Factory Limited.