You may wish to make yourself more familiar with how Direct Cremation works by reading the below, as there's some information you'll need before you start the arrangement online.
If the person that has died needs to be brought into our care immediately, please contact us on 0800 029 4590 to speak with a member of our dedicated team.
Before you start, you’ll need to have this information:
- The date of birth of the person who has died
- The address of where we should collect the person that has died
There are some requirements you need to consider before you purchase:
- You need to be over 18 years old to begin the process
- You are responsible for funeral arrangements and payment
- The death must have been verified by a medical professional before completing this form. This is usually done by a doctor, paramedic or registered nurse. Please note that this is not the same as registering the death, which can be done after completing this arrangement.
Please note as part of a Direct Cremation:
- No-one can visit the person that has died once in our care, and embalming isn’t available
- No-one can attend cremation and there isn't a service
- Any personal effects, including jewellery, need to be removed from the person who has died before they are brought into our care. If this isn’t possible, any personal effects will be available to be collected from our care centre. We will look after them for up to 3 months.
Once you’ve completed and submitted the form, we'll process your details and you'll receive an email containing the documents that you need to complete and return to us. These documents will advise you of the step by step process.
If you have any questions in the meantime and would like to speak to someone, call us on 0800 029 4590.