Dealing with the death of a child is a devastating experience for any parent. Having to comprehend the loss as well as sorting out the funeral and associated costs makes this time even more traumatic.
If you’d prefer not to speak to someone right now but need to start arranging a funeral, complete our online form and someone will call you back within 1 hour.
We provide as much support as possible to parents following a bereavement, and as part of this commitment, the funeral service we provide for your loved one is free of charge up to the age of 18 years old.
For children's funerals in England and Wales, the only thing the families will need to pay for are ministers/officiants fees, plus any additional products and services that aren't included in our free children's funeral services. In England, cremation fees (including doctors fees for cremation documents) and burial fees (including gravedigger fees) will be claimed back from the Children's Funeral Fund for England (CFF) on the families behalf. In Wales, burial and cremation fees aren't charged.
In Scotland, families may need to pay burial and cremation fees, but this is dependant on the local authority. Your local funeral director will be able to let you know if these fees need to be paid.
We're here to provide guidance and support every step of the way.
The free services we provide are:
- All Funeral Director services to cover all aspects of the funeral arrangement, including the completion of all documentation and liaison with all third parties and appropriate advice, support and guidance.
- Caring for your loved one. Bringing your loved one into our care, ensuring they are being looked after, providing the best possible care. We have private rooms where you may wish to come and visit, supporting you in spending as much time as possible with your loved one.
- Embalming (if requested).
- Choice of coffin. Fully lined and fitted with a soft interior.
- Suitable vehicle for you and your child, or hearse and limousine if more appropriate. Client choice of route for the funeral procession.
- Personnel to conduct the funeral.
- Use of the funeral home for service where available.
How we can help you personalise your service
You can choose to add any additional products or services to the funeral at an additional cost, such as:
- Alternative coffin selection
- Personal floral tributes
- Funeral stationery, memorial books
- Obituary notices, acknowledgements
- Fingerprint keepsakes – handprints, footprints and fingerprints available
- Cremation commemoration range of caskets, urns and keepsakes
- Memorial masonry
- Alternative hearse
- Additional limousines
Please contact us at any time and we’ll be there to help and support you.
Charities and organisations
There are various charities and organisations available that support people dealing with the tragic loss of a child.
You might find these helpful if you need further support, counselling or somebody else to talk to.
Cremation Without Ceremony isn't available with a free child funeral.