Virtual memorial service terms and conditions
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time for technical, legislative or regulatory reasons or if we notice any errors. If we make any changes that would have a significant detrimental effect on your ability to participate in the Event or on your rights under these terms then we will send you an email to let you know.
1. Promoter: The Event is operated by Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society with registered number 525R and with its registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG (“Co-op”). References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to Co-op.
2. Opening and closing date: Registration for the Event opens on Monday 9th November 2020 and closes on Friday 4th December 2020. Any attempt to register that is made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be able to participate in the Event.
3. Eligibility: The Event is open to UK residents. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to participate and (if relevant) to claim your memorial gift. We may ask any participant to provide proof of age.
4. How to participate: To participate in the Event you must firstly register by visiting www.coopmemorialservice.co.uk You will need to register with your name, email address and you will be asked to select your preferred regional event. Once this is completed you will need to create a password for logging onto the page on the event day. Registration is available between the 9th November and 4th December. Maximum of one registration per person. On the day of the Event Saturday 5th December at 3pm the service will commence, you will need to go online and visit www.coopmemorialservice.co.uk and enter your registration details which is your email address and the password you set when you originally registered and you will be automatically join the memorial service which will last approximately 45 minutes.
5. Emails: We may email you in advance of the Event with instructions on how to participate and to remind you of the Event date and time, and we may email you following the Event to request your feedback. You will have the option to unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
6. Recording and usage: We wish to record the Event, which will include any message and photos that you contribute to it. To allow us to do so (and to allow us to use the resulting images, audio, video or other recordings), we may be legally required to confirm your age and to obtain your consent (or, if relevant, your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent). We also need to ensure that we own the rights in resulting images, audio, video or other recordings so that we can freely edit, copy, use and publish them without needing to contact you again. We will only use the images, audio, video or other recordings for the “Permitted Purposes” set out below. By participating in the Event, you confirm that:
a) You are over 18 years of age (or, if relevant, you are the parent or legal guardian of a participant who is under 18 years of age (your “Child”))
b) You consent and authorise Co-op to do any or all of the following:
- Film, record, photograph or otherwise capture your (or, if relevant, your Child’s) contribution to the Event (in each case, a “Recording”);
- Use any or all Recordings at any time in the future (and for any duration) for Co-op’s internal business purposes, and for advertising, promoting or marketing Co-op (including its group companies) or its products, services, business or activities (together the “Permitted Purposes”);
- Publish or display any or all Recordings in or on any Co-op internal communications and national or international media (including but not limited to; TV, cinema, printed publications, posters, billboards, press releases, websites, social media and online advertising) for the Permitted Purposes (in each case a “Publication”);
- Identify you (or, if relevant, your Child) by referring to name, message, and/or photographs (but not contact details) in any Recording or related Publication; and
- Store the Recordings (in physical and/or electronic form). Recordings may be stored on servers located outside of the European Economic Area; and
c) If you own (or, if relevant, your Child owns) any copyright in the Recordings, you (and, if relevant, your Child) automatically transfer all ownership of such copyright to Co-op and agree that Co-op is under no obligation to identify you (or, if relevant, your Child) as a contributor to, or participant in, the Recordings. Accordingly, you agree to waive any “moral rights” that you (or, if relevant, your Child) may have in relation to the Recordings.
7. Memorial gift: The first 50 people to register for the Event in each region will receive a memorial gift. There are 50 memorial gifts to be allocated. Maximum one memorial gift per person. Each memorial gift is a branded Co-op box which includes a tea light, Co-op Food sample, poem bookmark, one red robin in memory pin and an order of service. We may substitute or change the memorial gift for a gift of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so but there will be no cash alternative.
8. Memorial gift notification and postage: If you qualify for a memorial gift, you will be notified by email before Friday 20th November. Within 5 working days of us sending you this notification, we’ll need you to provide a postal address for delivery of the memorial gift. Co-op accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address detail provided. Memorial gifts will be delivered by Friday 4th December. Co-op accepts no responsibility for the memorial gift being lost, delayed or damaged in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
9. Decisions of Co-op: If there is any dispute about the receipt or validity of any participation in the Event, or any other aspect of the Event, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Event is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. Memorial gift recipient list: Names and respective counties of residence of each recipient of a memorial gift can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 14 days after Saturday 5th December.
11. Disqualification: We reserve the right to reject your participation, withhold any memorial gift, and disqualify you from the Event if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating, or dishonesty.
12. No responsibility for any aspect of participation not received: We accept no responsibility for any aspect of your participation that is not successfully received by us, or which is rendered impossible or is delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. Use of personal information to administer event: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and third party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data privacy laws. We and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this Event.
14. Cancellation or withdrawal of event: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this Event without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Relevant law: The Event and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.