Our Classic Funeral offers complete flexibility to arrange a unique and dignified tribute. It includes two limousines, 50 orders of service, and the choice of two premium coffins.
Our Classic Funeral includes:
- provision of all Funeral Director services to make the funeral arrangements for the funeral service
- completing all necessary paperwork and liaising with third parties such as the crematorium, minister or celebrant
- bringing the deceased into our care (within a 50 mile radius)
- care and preparation of your loved one, including embalming (if chosen)
- advice, support and guidance
- visiting the private chapel of rest at any time - due to the coronavirus pandemic and to follow government advice on social distancing, we can only allow a maximum of 2 people visiting the chapel of rest at any one time by a pre-arranged appointment
- choice of two solid wood-effect coffins; Panelled Oak or Dark Oak
- your choice of date and time of the funeral
- a funeral service - the number of people who can attend will depend on where you live. Please see our coronavirus advice for more details
- hearse and personnel on the day of the funeral
- your choice of route for the funeral procession
- two limousines - our cars have been fitted with screens separating the driver and passenger areas to meet with social distancing rules
- a quantity of 50 orders of service (4 pages) for the funeral service
Additional products and services
You can also add any of the following to your Classic Funeral at an additional cost:
- select an alternative coffin
- an alternative hearse e.g. horse-drawn hearse
- floral tributes
- funeral stationery, memorial books
- obituary notices, acknowledgements
- fingerprint keepsakes
- cremation commemoration range of caskets, urns and keepsakes
- memorial masonry
How much does a Classic funeral cost?
The cost of this funeral will vary greatly depending on where you live in the UK. To find out how much a Classic Funeral will cost in your area, as well as an estimate of third party fees, use our funeral cost calculator.
You can choose to arrange this funeral with all the features it currently has, or you can change, add or remove products and services and we'll adjust the cost accordingly.
How to pay for a Classic Funeral
Once all funeral arrangements have been made, your local funeral director will let you know how much the total funeral cost will be, including all third party fees. You can pay at the funeral home, at a bank or post office, and we accept cash, credit and debit card payments.
The funeral is paid in 2 parts:
- You will need to pay a minimum of 50% of the total estimated funeral cost within 48 hours of making the funeral arrangements.
- For everything else, we’ll send you an invoice after the funeral. This final payment must be made within 28 days from the date of invoice.
Help with funeral costs
Coronavirus related deaths
If your loved one has died from coronavirus, you may qualify for support from Co-op Funeralcare's Hardship Fund.
If you can’t afford to pay for the funeral, let your funeral director know as soon as possible, as there may be support from the government available to you.
Pay in monthly instalments
If you’d prefer to pay for the funeral in instalments, you may be eligible to apply for a funeral loan through our partner Funeral Safe. You can find details on loan amounts and repayments, eligibility and details on how to apply here.
Third party fees
Third party fees are essential services delivered by others that we will manage on your behalf; such as crematorium fees, gravediggers fees or payments made to a minister or celebrant.
On average last year (2019) our clients paid £1,157 in third party fees but this is a national average and may not reflect the price you might pay in your local area. To find out how much a Classic Funeral will cost at your local Co-op Funeralcare, as well as an estimate of third party costs in your area, use our funeral cost calculator.
Celebration of Life service
As the number of mourners who can attend a funeral service is still limited at this time, you may wish to have a Celebration of Life service to help you remember your loved one in your own way. This service costs £700.
- a service co-ordinated and attended by a funeral director
- a limousine and driver to a venue of your choice
- additional items such as flowers and orders of service