Our Traditional Funeral has more flexibility with all the dignity and care you expect from Co-op Funeralcare. This choice lets you choose the time and date of the funeral service and you’re given the choice of 4 wood effect coffins.
The cost of this funeral will vary greatly depending on where you live in the UK. To find out how much a Traditional Funeral will cost in your area, use our funeral cost calculator.
What's included in the Co-op Traditional Funeral?
- Provision of all Funeral Director services to make the funeral arrangements for the funeral service, including completing all necessary paperwork and liaising with third parties such as the crematorium, minister or celebrant
- Bringing the deceased into our care (within a 50 mile radius)
- Care and preparation of your loved one
- Advice, support and guidance
- Visiting the private chapel of rest - due to the coronavirus pandemic and to follow government advice on social distancing, we can only allow a maximum of 2 people visiting the chapel of rest at any one time by a pre-arranged appointment
- Choice of one of four wood effect coffins the Maple, Cherry, Rosewood or Traditional Oak coffins
- Your choice of date and time of the funeral
- A small funeral service - for everyone’s safety, due to the coronavirus pandemic we’re limiting the number of mourners attending a funeral to a maximum of 10
- Hearse and personnel on the day of the funeral
- Your choice of route for the funeral procession
You can choose to arrange this funeral with all the features it currently has, or you can change, add or remove products and services and we'll adjust the cost accordingly.
Additional products and services
- Select an alternative coffin
- Floral tributes
- Funeral stationery, memorial books
- Obituary notices, acknowledgements
- Memorial items & keepsakes
- Caskets, urns and keepsakes
- Memorial masonry
- Add an alternative hearse - for example, a horse-drawn hearse
Third party fees
Third party fees are essential services delivered by others that we will manage on your behalf; such as crematorium fees, gravediggers fees or payments made to a minister or celebrant.
On average last year (2019) our clients paid £1,157 in third party fees but this is a national average and may not reflect the price you might pay in your local area. To find out how much a Traditional Funeral will cost at your local Co-op Funeralcare, as well as an estimate of third party costs in your area, use our funeral cost calculator.