You’re allowed to drive other cars if this feature is shown on your motor insurance certificate.

Where will I find this?

If you look at your insurance certificate, you’ll find this information under heading 5: Persons or classes of persons entitled to drive.

If you’re still not sure, please call us on 03457 46 46 46^ before you drive the other car.

If you have this cover, you will not be covered for loss of or damage to the car you’re driving.

Insurance to drive the car is not available if:

  • you don't have permission from the owner
  • the car belongs to you, is registered to you, or is hired or leased to you under a rental, leasing or hire purchase agreement
  • there's another insurance policy that covers you to drive the car
  • the car does not have a current and valid insurance certificate, in accordance with the Road Traffic Acts
  • the car has been seized by, or on behalf of, the government or public authority
  • the car is registered or driven outside of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

^Call charges

Did this answer your question?