Co-op is truly different, representing community and fairness for our members and customers
Exclusive member price on car insurance
Member discount excludes optional extras. Minimum premiums apply and offer may be withdrawn at any time. New policies only and subject to your details being matched against the Membership database.
Car insurance is offered through Co-op Insurance Services and administered by Affinity Insurance Solutions Limited.
Our members benefit from:
- a dedicated claims number
- a courtesy car as standard while one of our approved repairers fixes your car following an insured accident
- 24-hour accident recovery service following an insured accident.
Co-op Car Insurance comes with lots of great features, and we’ve some useful optional extras too that you can add to create an insurance policy that’s right for you.
What our car insurance covers
We offer you a range of cover to suit your needs including comprehensive and third party fire and theft.
Our comprehensive cover offers protection across the UK and means that we’ll:
- pay for damage you cause to other people, their car or other property (also known as third-party liability cover)
- repair your car if it’s worth repairing after it’s been damaged in a crash, even if it’s your fault
- give you the market value of your car if it’s written-off, stolen and not recovered, or destroyed by fire.
Our insurance covers these sort of journeys:
You can also add cover for:
- going to and from work or a public transport station
- using your car for work, for example driving between different sites or customer addresses.
You’ll be asked to choose the level you need when you buy our insurance online.
What our car insurance does not cover
There are certain things our insurance doesn’t cover, these include:
- professional driving instruction
- any journeys made as part of motor trade operations
- hiring your car to someone else
- motor racing
- track days.
What’s included with Co-op Car Insurance
These features are included in all Co-op Car Insurance policies:
- a courtesy car when one of our approved repairers fixes your car as part of a claim
- 24-hour accident recovery service if your car needs to be recovered in an accident for which you could make a claim
- up to 30 days insurance cover in the European Union over the policy year.
Add extras to your car insurance
You can add extra cover when you buy your policy online.
- UK and European breakdown cover
- if your car is written-off or stolen, guaranteed hire car will get you back on the road
- motor legal expenses insurance can help recover your uninsured expenses when an accident wasn’t your fault.
Find out more about the extras you can choose with Co-op Car Insurance.
Car insurance discounts
There are a number of different discounts available for Co-op Car Insurance including no claim discount, named driver no claim discount and member discount.
A new customer is someone who has not had a car policy with Co‑op Insurance in the last 12 months for the same vehicle.
As you may expect, our features are subject to limitations and/or exclusions, so please speak to our call centre or view our policy documents for further details.
Ecoinsurance is normally available to customers aged 22 to 75 only.
Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.
By Miles Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, number 773046. Trading address: 2-14 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London W6 8DJ. Company number: 09498559.