Guaranteed hire car
Co-op Car Insurance provides you with a hire car as standard while your car is being repaired by a Co‑op approved repairer following an insured incident. But it does not provide a hire car if your car is written off or stolen and not recovered.
What you get with guaranteed hire car:
- if you buy level 1 cover you will get a small hatchback such as a Vauxhall Corsa,
- if you buy level 2 cover you will get a four door family saloon,
- cover for up to 14 consecutive days if your car has been written off or stolen and not recovered.
Guaranteed hire car is not suitable for customers who hold a provisional licence.
Legal expenses insurance
If your car’s involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses,
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver,
- starting legal proceedings if necessary.
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road,
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings,
- your policy excess.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses,
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities,
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy.
Carpenters Limited manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.
Optional Motor Breakdown is is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch, with a registered office at 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch is a Branch of Inter Partner Assistance S.A. (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 202664), which is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium under number 0487. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
Motor legal expenses cover is underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited, Registered Office: 10th Floor Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham, NG1 6FG, Registered Number: 1229676. AmTrust Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority, financial services number: 202189.