Flexible home insurance

Co-op Home Insurance comes with lots of great features, and we’ve some useful optional extras too that you can add to create an insurance policy that’s right for you.

Home Assistance

Home Assistance is an optional extra you can add to your buildings or contents insurance policy to cover against:

  • your boiler, hot water system, central heating or main heating source breaking down,
  • the gas or electricity supply in your home breaking down,
  • plumbing problems to do with blocked drains, leaking pipes, leaking radiators, water tanks or blocked toilet waste pipes in your home,
  • permanent loss of all the keys you need to get into your home,
  • your home getting infested by:
  • brown and black rats,
  • house and field mice,
  • wasp and hornet nests.

We’ll pay up to £500 (including VAT) for emergency repairs needed.

Other benefits

  • no excess to pay,
  • a 24-hour helpline open 7 days a week,
  • access to a network of approved repairers,
  • £250 towards somewhere to stay and transport if your home becomes unsafe to stay in overnight,
  • claims won't impact your no claims discount.

We do not cover

  • replacement of boilers,
  • wear and tear,
  • a problem occurring before or in the first 14 days of cover or if the home has been unoccupied for more than 30 days,
  • damage to garages, sheds or greenhouses,
  • costs that we've not agreed to in advance,
  • damage caused by a deliberate act of any utility company.

Home Assistance is provided by AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd.

Add this cover

Add Home Assistance when you buy your policy online.

Accidental damage cover

This optional extra can be added to buildings or contents. It extends your amount of cover against accidental damage. Buildings and contents are priced as separate items so you can choose just one, or both if you need to.

Buildings: what’s covered

Loss or damage caused by, for example:

  • DIY accidents like drilling through a pipe or cable
  • putting your foot through the ceiling.

Contents: what’s covered

Loss or damage caused by, for example:

  • spilling paint or wine on a carpet,
  • dropping an ornament.

Damage isn't covered when:

  • it's been caused by wear and tear,
  • your home is being rented out or lent to someone else,
  • your home has nobody staying in it for more than 60 days,
  • it's been caused by a pet.

Add this cover

Choose accidental damage cover when you buy your policy online or over the phone by giving us a call on 03457 46 46 46^.

Valuables cover whilst you're out and about

Personal possessions cover is an optional extra you can add to your contents insurance.

It's there to cover the stuff you take out and about, and your valuables, against loss, theft and accidental damage.

What’s covered

You can cover things such as jewellery, cameras, mobile phones, tablets and golf clubs.

You can choose the amount of cover you want when you get a quote, subject to policy limits.

We do not cover

  • wear and tear,
  • items used for business or professional use,
  • theft of a pedal cycle unless it's locked to a fixed point in a public place,
  • pedal cycles whilst used for racing.

Add this cover

Choose personal possessions cover when you buy your policy online or over the phone by giving us a call on 03457 46 46 46^.

Like all insurance policies, there are some limitations and exclusions. Please speak to our call centre or have a look at our policy documents online for more information.

Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.

Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.

Home Assistance is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch, with a registered office at 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch is a Branch of Inter Partner Assistance S.A. (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 202664), which is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium under number 0487. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.