Young driver insurance optional extras
The RAC provides our breakdown cover.
We’ll fix your car at:
- the roadside
- your home address.
If we cannot repair your car locally, we can arrange either:
- transport for you, your car, and up to 4 others to anywhere in the UK
- a replacement car for up to 1 day
- alternative transport costs
- hotel accommodation
The most we will pay for alternative transport or hotel accommodation is:
- £150 per person
- £500 for your party.
Whichever amount is less applies.
If your car’s involved in an accident that was not your fault, our optional legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of:
- working out the value of your uninsured losses
- negotiating with the “at fault” driver
- starting legal proceedings if necessary.
Your legal expenses claim might include:
- travel expenses whilst your car is off the road
- compensation for injuries and loss of earnings
- your policy excess.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- up to £100,000 cover for legal fees to help recover uninsured losses
- access to a 24-hour legal helpline that provides advice on any car-related issues, such as disputes with garages, parking fines, and ownership responsibilities
- you and any named drivers on your car insurance policy.
Arc Legal Assistance manage all legal expense claims. They will only accept a claim if there is a reasonable chance of making a recovery.
We will not cover any legal costs unless we have agreed to these in advance.
Breakdown Cover is provided on behalf of Co-op Insurance by RAC Motoring Services; registered in England and Wales under company number 01424399 and/or RAC Insurance Ltd; registered in England and Wales under company number 02355834.
Registered offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW. RAC Motoring Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under register number 310208. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under register number 202737.
Motor legal expenses cover is underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited, Registered Office: 10th Floor Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham, NG1 6FG, Registered Number: 1229676.
AmTrust Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority, financial services number: 202189.